CANADIAN CLUB SHOUT 2022/2023 | Terms & Conditions
Promoter: Beam Suntory Australia Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 953 357, Level 18, 100 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW, 2060, Australia. Ph: 02 8977 9700
Promotion Period: Start date: 01/12/22 at 12:01 am AEDT End date: 01/02/23 at 11:59 pm AEDT or once all prizes available are awarded (whichever is first to occur)
Eligible Entrants: Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
Eligible Product: Canadian Club Soda & Lime, 6 pack only
How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- purchase a 6-Pack of Canadian Club Soda & Lime (“Eligible Product”) from any store within Australia which stocks the product (“Participating Stores”) and retain receipt;
- go online to ccsummershout.com.au and enter their mobile number. Consumers will receive a 4-digit verification code via SMS to validate their phone number. Once verified consumers will enter their personal details (including their first name, last name, email address, mobile phone number, postcode, and date of birth), the price paid for the Eligible Product and upload a scanned copy/photo of their purchase receipt for the qualifying transaction and submit.
Entrants will be notified instantly on-screen on entry form submission if they have provisionally won an instant win prize. 1 in 3 entries win instantly.
If notified on-screen as a provisional winner, Entrants will be required to enter their bank details (Bank, Account Name, Account Number and BSB – must be an Australian bank account in the provisional winner’s name) to receive funds paid for their Canadian Club – Soda and Lime 6-pack purchase back (as per amount listed on the purchase receipt submitted, up to a maximum cap of $30 AUD) (“Refund Amount”) once their receipt is validated.
Provisional winners purchase receipt / entry will be validated within 5-business days from entry. Upon approval winners will be emailed to confirm their entry as valid and the Refund Amount will be transferred via EFT to the winner within 5-business days (post validation).
Note: It is a responsibility of the Entrant to ensure they enter valid details including bank details. Entrants will not be able to update / change the details entered once submitted. The Promoter is not responsible for a failure to enter correct details on entry and a failure by the provisional winner to receive the Refund Amount.
The Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant's respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase (i.e.scanned copy/photo of itemised purchase receipt for their qualifying transaction) cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant's right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Store; (b) the required product to be purchased for entry and price of product; and (c) date of purchase (showing that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry). All aforementioned details must be clearly legible/ visible for the related entry to be considered valid by the Promoter.
Entries Permitted: Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
- maximum of one (1) entry permitted per qualifying transaction/receipt.
- limit one (1) entry permitted per person each day.
- maximum of three (3) entries permitted per person for the entire Promotion; and
- each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Total Prize Pool: Up to AUD $1,500,000.00
Prize Description: Each winning entry will receive a refund of the entire purchase price inclusive of GST of the Eligible Product (purchased in accordance with the entry instructions) up to the maximum total refund amount of $30. The exact amount refunded is based on the amount specified on the copy of the purchase receipt provided on entry.
The refund will be awarded directly to the bank account specified at the time of entry, within 5-business days once the entry has been validated. Winners are responsible for providing full and accurate bank account details. The Promoter will not be responsible for a banking institution rejecting an EFT payment or any costs associated with locating any lost monies.
Failure by the provisional winner to provide correct banking details and/or personal details on the claim form may at the Promoter’s discretion result in forfeiture of the refund.
For the sake of clarity, if multiple Eligible Products are listed on the one (1) receipt, the provisional winner will only receive a refund for one (1) of the Eligible Products listed. Furthermore, an entrant can only submit one (1) entry per receipt. Therefore, an entrant cannot submit multiple entries for the one (1) receipt.
Number of Prizes: Up to 50,000
Value (per prize): Up to AUD$30.00
Winning Method: Instant Win
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, Participating Stores, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Conditions of Entry, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. Please refer to the GL4001 ‘Liquor promotion guidelines’ and GL4003 ‘Intoxication guidelines’ at liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 22/02208, NSW Authority No. TP/00090 and SA Permit No. T22/1829.